These days participating in social media such as Twitter, Facebook, blogging and more is almost required for any entrepreneur or business, small or large.
Leo Babauta from Zen Habits gives some tips that will help you stay in touch, and continue to participate in cyber conversations, without losing sight of your mission and the important work you need to get done. These include:
- Use simple tools to make the most of social media
- Focus on sending out high impact messages
- Let go of the need to read everything. Learn to scan
- Figure out which social media give you the most value, and simplify
- Form close relationships with people who give you the most value, not everyone
- Manage your time wisely